Energy-Efficient Designs for HVAC Systems
We have over 40 years of experience in design – build HVAC systems.
On staff includes Licensed Professional Engineer who is also a credentialed LEED AP and HERS RATER.
Our Staff is excessively involved ANSI standards development and building code involvement.
Our fabrication shop can rapidly fabricate the sheet metal parts needed to install most duct systems.
- Chairman of the BOD for the Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA; 2010 – 2011). As an active BOD participant for 13 years, extensively involved in coalition building (industry partners included: AHRI, AMCA, ASHRAE, HARDI, HRAI, IAPMO, IAQA, ICC, NAFA, NAHB, NATE, PHCC, RSES, etc.). Considerable lobbying of congress on behalf of the association and industry.
- Member and Former President, Treasurer, and Vice President, Michigan Chapter of Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA).
- Appointed to Michigan Board of Mechanical Rules by Governor Engler and sat on the board for 8 years. This board has oversight of contractor and inspector licensing, review and implementation of the State of Michigan’s Mechanical Codes, and hears disputes between inspectors, contractors, and building owners over mechanical code enforcement.
- Past Chairman, Coalition for the Advancement of Fuel Cell Research and Implementation
- Member, Mechanical Inspectors Association of Michigan. Sat on their Board of Directors for 8 years
- Member, ASHRAE (American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineers)
- Named 2010 Newsmaker of the year by The Air Conditioning/Heating/Refrigeration News
- Awarded the Spirit of Independence Award by The Air Conditioning Contractors of America in 2013
- Awarded Volunteer of the year award by (ACCA) 2016
- Past Member of ACCA’s Standards Task Team; Helped lead ACCA’s efforts to become an ANSI accredited standards developer.
- Has served on and chaired numerous standards development committees and played a key role in ACCA’s manual and technical development programs. Direct involvement in the development and maintenance of numerous ACCA standards:
- ANSI/ACCA 1 Manual D – 2016 (Residential Duct System Design)
- ANSI/ACCA 2 Manual J – 2016 (Residential Load Calculations)
- ANSI/ACCA 3 Manual S – 2014 (Residential Equipment Selection)
- ACCA 4 QM – 2007 (Maintenance of Residential HVAC Systems)
- ACCA 5 QI – 2010 (HVAC Quality Installation Specification)
- ACCA 6 QR – 2007 (Restoring the Cleanliness of HVAC Systems)
- ACCA 9 QIvp – 2015(Quality Installation Verification Protocols)
- ACCA 10 Manual SPS – 2018 (Mechanical Systems for Swimming Pools and Spas)
- ACCA 11 Manual Zr – 2018 (Residential HVAC System Zoning)
- ACCA 12 QH – 2011 (Existing Home Evaluation and Performance Improvement)
- ASHRAE/ACCA 180 – 2012 (Peak Cooling and Heating Load Calculations in Buildings Except Low-Rise Residential Buildings)
- Member, ICC (International Code Council) and served on the International Mechanical Code Technical Committee for the last three (3) code cycles.
- Currently sits on the I.C.C. Plumbing,Mechanical,Fuel , Gas, and Swimming Pool Membership Council.
- International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials (IAPMO): served on the Uniform Mechanical Code Technical Committee for two (2) code cycles.
- Member of Air Conditioning Contractors of America Codes Committee for 10 years.
- Has Testified as an expert witness on Code Issues
- Scuba diving instructor with Scuba Schools International. Is a Divecon instructor and teach technical Nitrox diving and search and rescue. Padi Advanced Certified Diver.
- Amateur Radio Operator and holds Advanced Class FCC license with callsign KC8NF. Belongs to the Amateur Radio Relay League (ARRL).
- Teach and proctor a broad range of subjects, including
- ACCA Manuals J, S, T, and D (ACCA Certified)
- International Mechanical, Residential and Fuel Gas Codes
- EPA 608 and 609 refrigerant recovery
- Wrightsoft HVAC design software
- Foster parent for 23 years; fostered over 160 children.
- Holds A Private Pilots License
- Enjoys Hunting, Fishing, Traveler and Life in gerneral
- Member NRA
- Extensive HVAC knowledge, experience and expertise, from fabrication and installation to system design, service and project management.
- Holds Michigan Mechanical and Boiler Licenses
- B.S. Science Education. Ferris State University
- Consults with building owners on a wide variety of HVAC Issues.